The course is designed to prepare students in their careers as captains of the merchant navy (captains)
Fundamental and general engineering subjects:
Basic training in Higher Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Technical Mechanics, etc.
Basic engineering training in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Ships’ Theory and Construction, Ships’ Power Plants, etc.
- Navigation, Maritime English, Technical Aids to Navigation, Navigational Systems and Complexes, Celestial Navigation, Theory of Ship’s Manoeuvring, Ship’s Operation and Cargo Work, Ports Operation, etc
- Maritime Law, Economics, Shipping Business, etc. At end of each academic year there is a training sailing practice onboard the Merchant Navy Ships. Students complete their studies with State Final Exams in Navigation, Maritime English, Ship’s Operation and Cargo Work, GMDSS, Ships’ Personnel Management and Safety Onboard.
At the end of each academic year there is a practical sailing training on a merchant navy ship. Students complete their studies with State Exams in Navigation, Maritime Terminology, Maritime English, Ship Operation and Load Management, Sonar Systems, Radar and GMDSS, Personnel Management and On-Board Security.
Graduates of the “NAVIGATION” are awarded the 3rd Captain’s degree and can work in a variety of maritime and maritime departments, such as:
- Various branches of Water Transport, Ship Building and in Shipping Companies at the positions of Watch-keeping Officers and Master Mariners
- Production Manager
- Management staff( Head of Navigation Department, Line Shipping Department, Tramp Shipping Department)
- Deputy Director of Operational Department
- Captains on every global company
After specific additional training in adult teaching graduates may work as teachers and lecturers in maritime colleges and universities
Professional orientation: TRANSPORT, NAVIGATION AND AVIATION
Professional qualification: ENGINEER – NAVIGATOR (MERCHANT NAVY CAPTAIN)
Academic degree: BACHELOR
Form of study: FULL -TIME
Term of Study: 4 years / 8 semesters
Language of instruction: